VP eCommerce, Alliance Entertainment, South Florida 1994 – Feb. 2011
I developed and built the eCommerce division for the largest US distributor of CDs and DVDs in support of virtually every major retailer selling pre-recorded music and movies on the internet. My division combined technology, sales, marketing and operational support to maximize efficiencies and revenue opportunities.
I managed several teams closely integrated together. The teams were web design and development; sales support; marketing; and operations and EDI integration. We worked with clients to design, build and support web sites, integrate technology, optimize operations, grow revenue and manage the fulfillment of physical goods.
I reached the position of Vice Present after first starting as the MIS Manager of the South Florida warehouse. I established the Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) technology required to integrate our wholesale distribution company with brick and mortar retail and vendors.
- Consulted with clients on the design, implementation and support of their on-line stores.
- Designed and manage implementation of web based music and movie stores.
- Designed Web Service based data exchange using both client side and server side web services integrated into back end warehouse and content systems.
- Designed and developed Business Information Reporting System using Business Objects.
- Established Credit Card and Fraud Abatement systems, including PayPal integration.
- Worked with clients to obtain and manage the complex data structures required for music and video content. Responsible for the creation and distribution of inventory files.
- Supported internal and external accounting teams for business management, process reconciliation and profit analysis.
- Managed relationships with Major Retail partners on products and marketing promotions.
- Supported internal and external Customer Service teams in problem resolution.
- Authored and maintained detailed documentation on all process.
- Developed efficiencies in Warehouse Fulfillment processes.
- Developed method for creating branded retailer forms in a multi-retailer environment.
- Responsible for establishing business relationships, documenting process specifications, setup and monitoring of EDI operations.
- Developed a variety of tools for automating the collection, delivery and monitoring of information. Methods supported included ANSI x.12, and batch formats. Communications utilized a variety of mechanisms including the utilization of VANs (Value Added Networks), secure ftp and system to system modem connections.
- Managed implementation of automated warehouse machinery with electronic interface at three corporate locations. The equipment performed quality control of client orders, rapid product labeling, and data transmissions utilized for automated invoicing.