CIO, Encompass Supply Chain Solutions, Inc., South Florida Feb. 2011 – present
As the first ever Chief Information Officer at Encompass, I was challenged with merging the technology teams from various pre-merger companies at different locations to form a united Information Technology department.
The new IT group developed and launched a new SQL based reporting system utilized by operations, sales and management for a variety of needs. The SQL system worked as a data warehouse, pulling information from different sources to provide consistent and timely information. The implementation was done on a limited budget utilizing in house talent given the opportunity to enhance their skill base. All reporting existed within excel leading to a very rapid user acceptance and utilization.
Other first year team projects:
- Deployment of new client facing websites (www.EncompassImaging.com and www.GreenChoiceParts.com)
- Implementing new mechanisms for managing, tracking and controlling enhancements to a PICK based warehouse management system.
- Integrating software from divisions into a united system.
- Adding SQL based search into existing websites.
- Development of web service based interface with Amazon for selling overstock items.
- Developing and managing budgets to optimize expenditures for maximizing effeciencies or assisting in sales growth opportunities.
- Managed team gathering photography of parts and correcting and enhancing data content.
Initial Press Release : Encompass Appoints New CIO to Focus on Technology Innovation